Sonoco believes that to achieve our goals relating to sustainability, it is critical that we establish a capable, qualified, competitive and diverse team of suppliers.
As a supplier, you are expected to conduct your business with integrity and with a focus on environmental stewardship. We also expect suppliers to place a strong emphasis on quality, service, cost savings, innovative solutions and technology.
Learn more about doing business with Sonoco.
To Qualify as a Diverse Supplier
Sonoco defines minority and women-owned businesses as:
- A company that is at least 51% owned, managed and controlled by one or more minority persons who are U.S. citizens. In this context, a minority person is an African American, Asian-Indian American, Asian-Pacific American, Hispanic American or Native American.
- A company that is at least 51% owned, managed and controlled by one or more women who are U.S. citizens.
Sonoco recognizes certification of diverse businesses from the following organizations:
- U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) - Small disadvantaged and Section 8(a) businesses
- National Minority Supplier Development Council (NMSDC) or any regional council - Minority-owned businesses
- Women's Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC) or any of its partner organizations - Women-owned businesses
Read our supplier standards.
Please be aware that we expect each of our suppliers to be certified with the regional council. Contact the council and find out how to be certified. You can also call the council at 704-549-1000 for information.