An Industry Standard.
Supply nailed wood and plywood reels to a broad range of industries.
As North America’s leading producer of wood reels, Sonoco's nailed wood and plywood reels are used for a wide range of wire and cable applications.
Our reels have been the industry standard for more than 50 years. With Sonoco, you receive the benefit of a manufacturer with plants, recycling centers and service/assembly centers across North America. And with design and development resources around the globe, your needs will be met today and long into the future.
For customer service, call 800-633-3962 (U.S.) or 256-751-1092 (outside the U.S.). For more information, download a brochure with details on the Sonoco wood reel portfolio.
Nailed Wood Reels
Sonoco’s nailed wood reels have been an industry standard for more than 50 years. Flanges are returnable and refurbishable, with diameters ranging from 14” to 160” (356 mm to 4064 mm).
- Reel heads are laminated lumber of two- to four- ply
- Barrel staves are machine-cut to the required curvature and thickness
- Reels are bored to customers’ specifications for drive, tie-off and start holes
- Power transmission, control and distribution
- Telecommunications (wired, wireless, satellite and CATV)
- Commercial and industrial buildings
- Elevator cables
- Infrastructure (wire rope, cable and conduit)
- Oil, gas and marine