Sonoco is transforming the way bulky, oddly-shaped and delicate items are transported.
Sonoco successfully engineers protective packaging for a wide array of industries, from life-saving medical supplies to large, fragile appliances.
Unlike most packaging solution providers, Sonoco is not constrained by any particular packaging material or process discipline. Working with a full range of materials – paper, foam, molded or formed plastics, wood or steel - we provide protective packaging solutions that serve most industries.
We always keep sustainability and environmental impact in mind—our designs lower your overall cost by eliminating excess materials, reducing damage, optimizing truckload space and simplifying manufacturing or packaging processes.
A Total Solutions Provider
Manufacturers around the world turn to Sonoco’s packaging experts to protect products during shipment. From engineering and design, to prototyping and testing, to manufacturing, our team has the experience and expertise to provide a total solution.
Whether engineering products or packages, the ultimate in design is reached not when nothing more can be added, but when nothing else can be removed. Sonoco Protective Packaging has answered the call from clients around the world to design a “less is more” package—one that will reduce damage losses, improve sustainability, stack higher in warehouses, and pack denser in trailers. Those clients, like you, prefer a supplier who is:
- Better integrated. All engineering, designing, prototyping and ISTA-certified testing is done by the same team.
- More streamlined. You don’t want to wait for third-party test results. Having the ability to work side-by-side with designers allows you to make changes on the spot, have new prototypes built and re-test them immediately.
- Faster to market. Having all critical design and testing functions in one place helps you fast-track product introduction and gives you an edge on competitors.
- Simplified design. We simplify complex packaging and make solutions easy to implement with creative design.
- Global and local. You prefer a partner with local expertise deployed in every corner of the world so you’ll have a trusted, local solution provider wherever the manufacturing need arises.
We are a member of the EPS Industry Alliance.
Learn more about our memberships.