With Sonoco's broad product line, we often have a solution
already developed for plastic and polyfiber reels, which can save you the expense of molds and tooling.
Two highlights of the product line: the Reel Tough® reel, with its special patented flange design and a life span up to 10 times longer than similar process reel; and our EconoReel™ reels and spools that are engineered to be durable while delivering strong performance for a lower cost. We use our technology and design experience and our multiple locations in North America and Europe to develop the most cost-effective solution for customers.
For customer service, call 800-633-3962 (U.S.) or 256-751-1092 (outside the U.S.).
Utility, EconoReel ™ and plywood-replacement spools
Sonoco’s utility, EconoReel and plywood-replacement spools are lightweight, providing a durable and inexpensive package for insulated wire, cordage and other filaments. Flanges are reusable, returnable and recyclable, ranging from 6.5” to 16” (165 mm to 406 mm).
• Cost-effective alternative for better value
• Straight, smooth flanges offer splinter-free, easy payout for better product protection
• Rugged, lighter weight for safe handling
• Building/ insulated wire
• Communications cable-category wire applications
• Low-voltage wire
• Ribbon and tape
Polyfiber composite reels
Innovative polyfiber composite reels provide smooth inside flanges and improved weather resistance. Flanges are 100% recycled plastic composite, returnable and recyclable, with diameter sizes of 30” (762 mm), 32” (813 mm), 35” (889 mm), 42” (1069 mm), 45” (1143 mm) and 50” (1270 mm).
• Flanges are compression molded
• Recycled thermoplastics with wood fiber enforcement
• Fiber or wood drum options
• No splinters, sharp edges or nails that can damage wire and cable sheathing
• Resists the elements better to provide longer usage period
• Lighter weight than steel or wood
• Smooth payoff eases installation
• Telecommunications (wired, wireless, satellite and CATV)
• Commercial and industrial buildings
• Elevator cables
• Infrastructure (wire rope, cable and conduit)
• Power transmission, control and distribution