Sonoco intends to be the global leader in providing high quality, innovative, value-creating packaging solutions that satisfy the customer.
The hallmarks of our culture are safety, customer satisfaction, growth and optimization, operational excellence, maximized cash flow and our people.
- Ideation and innovation
- Consumer insights and market alignment
- Quality and service excellence
- Manufacturing excellence
- Supply chain excellence
Governance, Integrity and Compliance
Sonoco follows a philosophy that greater transparency, sensible risk taking and strong governance policies are necessary to protect shareholder value. Key elements include:
- Lead by Example - Sonoco will not permit any type of illegal, unethical and/or improper behavior on the part of any employee. The Board of Directors and management strongly support and adhere to all legislative and regulatory standards adopted by the U.S. Congress, the Securities and Exchange Commission, and the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE)
- Listen and Communicate - The Board of Directors regularly seeks input from shareholders, including providing annual advisory votes on "Say on Pay" and approval of its Long-term Incentive Plan
- Independence - Eleven of the Company's 13 Board members are considered independent under criteria established by the NYSE
- Compliance - Sonoco requires the Board of Directors, management, employees, contractors, and vendors to understand, comply and certify with our business conduct standards.