The ideal blend of performance and cost savings
With a smooth surface for image fidelity and a brightness that makes images and colors pop, Sonoco's EcoTect® product offers consistent high-quality printability. With a lower density per caliper than competitive substrates, EcoTect offers cost savings of, on average, 15-35%. It's also a responsible option -- EcoTect is made from 100% recycled fibers and is recyclable.
And now, EcoTect has become the first URB to be certified by the Rochester Institute of Technology to Hewlett-Packard (HP) Indigo print platform specifications.
- Caliper range of 16-27 pt. (Up to 36 pt. for EcoEarth line)
- Offset lithography, flexographic, gravure and digital printing technologies
- Meets FDA requirements for food contact packaging
- Variety of custom options available
- Increased versatility with high-speed machine filling capabilities and lower density for higher yield
Our EcoTect bending chip is not just a high-performance product -- it's the responsible option.
- Sourced from 100% recycled materials (85% post-consumer, 15% post-industrial), pulling material from the waste stream and reducing waste-to-landfill
- FSC and SFI Certified
- PiQET Analysis available
- Functionally equivalent stacking strength when compared to virgin grades (caliper for caliper)
According to the American Forest and Paper Association (AF&PA), a record 67% of the paperboard packaging waste generated by Americans in 2011 was recycled. EcoTect bending chip offers:
- Environmental responsibility
- Raw materials for new products, protecting natural resources
- Reduced waste-to-landfill
- Recovery and use in closed-loop cycles