Economic and social well-being of our stakeholders
Our Corporate Sustainability Council provides oversight, guidance, and direction on social, community, and environmental issues that impact the reputation and economic viability of the company and our stakeholders.
Corporate Sustainability Council
The council meets quarterly and reports to and is sponsored by Sonoco’s president and CEO. The council reports on Sonoco’s sustainability activities, biannually, to the Board of Directors.
- Identify and define those issues that are relevant to Sonoco's long-term sustainability and image as a good corporate citizen
- Establish meaningful long- and short-term sustainability objectives related to key areas of focus and provide Sonoco's executive committee with recommendations and guidance on how to meet those objectives
- Recommend and establish new Company guidelines, policies and processes to support areas of focus
- Create and communicate a business case for corporate sustainability
- Provide recommendations for the Company's philanthropic efforts in support of overall corporate sustainability objectives
Board of Directors
Employee and Public Responsibility Committee
The Employee and Public Responsibility Committee of the Board of Directors provides oversight and guidance on social and public policy issues, including compliance with governmental or other regulatory requirements, which may impact business performance and the investment potential of Sonoco.
Dr. Pamela L. Davies (Chair)
Harry A. Cockrell
John R. Haley
Sonoco has used the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) G4 Guidelines to define the content of our Corporate Responsibility Report. These guidelines form a voluntary framework of principles and indicators used to measure and report economic, environmental and social performance. They also provide a standard of comparison between Sonoco and our peers.
Rob Tiede, President and Chief Executive Officer – Sponsor
Roger Schrum, Corporate Vice President, Investor Relations and Corporate Affairs – Committee Chair
Vicki Arthur, Senior Vice President, Plastic Packaging and Protective Solutions
Ross Bushnell, Division Vice President and General Manager, Global Flexibles
Jeffrey DiPasquale, Division Vice President and General Manager, Global Plastics
Rodger Fuller, Senior Vice President, Paper/Engineered Carriers-U.S./Canada and Display and Packaging
Edward Harrington, Director, Environmental Services
Ernest Haynes, Division Vice President and General Manager, Rigid Paper and Closures NA
Elizabeth Kremer, Assistant Secretary and Stakeholder Engagement Coordinator
Allan McLeland, Corporate Vice President, Human Resources
Mike Pope, Division Vice President and General Manager, Sonoco Recycling
Laura Rowell, Manager, Global Sustainability
Barry Saunders, Senior Vice President and CFO
Jeffrey Schuetz, Staff Vice President, Global Technology, Consumer
Marcy Thompson, Vice President, Marketing and Innovation
Garrin Traill, Director, Internal Audit