- Be sensitive to environmental issues throughout our business systems, including our selection of materials, processes, and products.
- Utilize appropriate monitoring techniques to ensure adherence to accepted standards.
- Conduct operations in full compliance with applicable environmental laws and regulations. In those areas of the world where such requirements are at a minimum, we will operate in a completely responsible manner.
- Utilize natural resources efficiently, continuously seeking ways to reduce our requirements.
- Strive to maximize the utilization of recovered materials in the products we manufacture and use.
- Minimize the generation of discharges to the environment, including air emissions, wastewater, and solid waste.
- Support the development of scientific knowledge relating to environmental matters and implement appropriate new technologies to improve our environmental performance.
- Proactively assist our customers in addressing environmental issues related to their use of our products.
- Communicate openly with our stakeholders concerning our environmental record.
- Cooperate with public and governmental organizations to seek responsible solutions to environmental needs and to develop effective and balanced environmental standards.
Sonoco takes seriously our responsibility to protect the environment in which we work and live. We will conduct our business in accordance with all legal requirements and ethical responsibilities, using scientific knowledge, technical innovation and sound environmental management practices.
Our Environmental Policy
Sonoco publishes environmental reports in accordance with Canadian law. You can access them here.