Recent Awards and Recognition
- For a second year in a row, named first in the Packaging Sector on Fortune's World's Most Admired Companies list.
- Ranked 48th on Barron's 100 Most Sustainable Companies.
- Named top ranked company in the Packaging Sector on the Forbes America's Best Large Employers of 2019.
- Recipient of South Carolina Manufactures Alliance Corporate Responsibility Award.
- Honored with several Silver-level Achievement Awards at the Flexible Packaging Association (FPA) Annual Meeting. Sonoco’s PrimaPak® package for Green Giant Veggie Spirals® was recognized for Expanding the Use of Flexible Packaging, Technical Innovation and Packaging Excellence.
- Gold award winner, Dow’s 2018 30th Awards for Packaging Innovation.
- Bronze Class award winner, 2018 Robecosam Sustainability Awards
- Named first in the Packaging Sector on Fortune's World's Most Admired Companies list.
- Honored with several Gold- and Silver-level Achievement Awards at the Flexible Packaging Association (FPA) Annual Meeting. Sonoco’s PrimaPak® package for Perfetti Van Melle Mentos® SHARE-A-BOWL™ was awarded a Gold Award for Packaging Excellence, a Silver Award for Expanding the Use of Flexible Packaging and a Silver Award for Technical Innovation. Sonoco’s PromoPeel™ integrated label technology for flexible packaging was awarded a Silver Award for Printing and Shelf Impact.
- Sonoco was named one of Fortune magazine’s World’s Most Admired Companies for 2017.
- RobecoSAM (Sustainability Asset Management) awarded Sonoco Silver Class status for 2017 for sustainability performance.
- For the fifth consecutive year, Sherwin-Williams’ recognized Sonoco with its Certified Supplier Award.
- Sonoco was named one of the 25 Top Companies for Leaders by Aon Hewitt, The RBL group and Fortune magazine for a sixth time.
- Sonoco was named a constituent of the MSCI Global Sustainability Index Series.
- Sonoco's packaging for Dole GO Berries!™ was awarded Best New Packaging as part of the Produce Innovation Awards at United Fresh 2017.
- Sonoco was awarded the Best Injection (IML) Package, Gold Award and the Best of Show Award at the eleventh annual IMDA Awards for its Tartex vegan pate containers. The IMDA Awards recognize the industry’s best in-mold labeled (IML) packaging, in-mold decorated (IMD) durable products and labels in multiple categories.
- Military Times named Sonoco one of 82 "Best for Vets" companies.
- Fortune recognized Sonoco as one of its World’s Most Admired Companies in the packaging sector. Sonoco ranked first in Financial Soundness and second in Innovation, People, Social Responsibility and Quality of Products/Services, and second overall in the packaging sector.
- Sonoco was recognized with a 2016 PAC Global Leadership GOLD Award for Packaging Innovation and a Gold Achievement Award from the Flexible Packaging Association for its flexible squeeze pouch collaboratively developed for Daisy® brand sour cream.
- Sonoco was selected to receive the 2015 Innolect Sustainable Legacies® Award.
- Sonoco Display and Packaging won four honors at the Point of Purchase Advertising International’s (POPAI) 58th Outstanding Merchandising Achievement (OMA) Awards competition: a gold award for work with Chattem, Inc. Allegra®; a silver award for work with InComm Inc.; and two bronze awards for work with Chattem, Inc. and Sam’s Club.
- The Flexibles division of Sonoco was recognized as the 2015 Supplier of the Year by Mother Parkers Tea & Coffee.
- Forbes magazine recognized Sonoco on its list of America's Most Trustworthy Companies, 2015.
- Sonoco was listed on the 2015 Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI), marking the seventh consecutive year it received the prestigious recognition – the longest consecutive streak of any packaging company currently listed on the index.
- Corporate Responsibility Magazine included Sonoco on its 2015 100 Best Corporate Citizens List, for the seventh year.
- Sonoco was awarded the Top Corporation Award by the Greater Women's Business Council.
- Sonoco Display and Packaging won four awards at the Point of Purchase Advertising International (POPAI) 56th annual Outstanding Merchandising Achievement (OMA) Awards competition, including a gold award, two silver awards and a bronze award.
- Sonoco’s Monterrey Display & Packaging location has been recognized by the government with an Inclusive Company Award and a Family Oriented Company Award.
- Sonoco's Brantford paper mill was recognized with a PAPTAC National Business Award for ‘Safety Leadership,’ which recognizes mill leadership excellence and a demonstrated commitment to safety.
- Sonoco Display and Packaging was awarded 10 Design of the Times Awards by the Path to Purchase Institute at the 2015 Shopper Marketing Conference & Expo.
- Sonoco Alloyd was recognized with a WorldStar 2015 Packaging Award from the Institute of Packaging Professionals (IOPP) for its Whirlpool® Water EveryDrop™ water filter package
Certifications and Memberships
Memberships and Certifications
- American Forest and Paper Association
- Carbon Disclosure Project
- Environmental Education Association of S.C.
- EPS Industry Alliance
- Flexible Packaging Association
- Forest Stewardship Council (FSC®)*
- Institute of Packaging Professionals (IoPP)
- Institute of Scrap Recycling Industries (ISRI)
- Material Handling Institute (MHI)
- National Association of Information Destruction
- National Council for Air and Stream Improvement
- National Minority Supplier Development Council
- National Sustainability Coalition
- Paper and Packaging Board
- PMMI, The Association for Packaging and Processing Technologies
- Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certification (PEFC™)*
- The Recycling Partnership
- Solid Waste Association of North America
- South Carolina Chamber of Commerce
- South Carolina Manufacturers Alliance
- Southeastern Recycling Coalition
- Southeastern Recycling Development Council
- Sustainable Forestry Initiative (SFI®)*
- Sustainable Packaging Coalition