Sonoco recognizes that security risks such as data breaches and cyber threats regularly affect organizations, and has extensive plans in place to manage and mitigate these internal and external risks.
- Sonoco is subject to an External Security Assessment 3rd party Penetration Test, annually.
- Sonoco’s Board of Directors are comprised of nine members who have extensive information security experience.
- Sonoco carries a Cyber Risk insurance policy.
- For the past 36 months, Sonoco has not suffered a breach and therefore had no related expenses such as penalties or settlements from a breach.
- All employees with email addresses are included in annual, mandatory training around security awareness as well as business conduct training.
- Sonoco assesses phishing awareness on a monthly basis for all employees. Any employee who fails a monthly assessment is automatically enrolled in a training program.