April 14, 2023
People build businesses is a core belief at Sonoco. Because of this foundation, we’re committed to providing a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace. Here’s how…
We’re continually working toward a diverse workforce. Intentionally pursuing diversity of gender, age, ethnicity, physical ability, neurodiversity and more—we’re incorporating additional perspectives to Sonoco through…
- The Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DE&I) Council, which sponsors, guides and fosters education, awareness and communication.
- Resource Groups (RGs), which represent and celebrate underrepresented groups and enrich Sonoco’s culture.
- Supplier diversity programs, which commit to identifying and developing partnerships with minority- and women-owned suppliers.
Doing the right thing starts with setting up every team member for impressive results. Each brings a unique set of experiences, skills and qualities to the workplace. Because we all begin with differing resources, we’re working at providing fair treatment that enables each of us to succeed through development opportunities like…
- Apprenticeship programs for high school juniors and seniors, current technical school students, recent technical school grads and Sonoco team members looking for a career change.
- Scholarship programs for dependents of qualified Sonoco employees of U.S. domestic facilities.
- Tuition reimbursement program for Sonoco employees who pursue continued development through accredited educational programs.
- Sonoco University courses for all Sonoco employees.
You belong here—that’s what we believe at Sonoco. We’re working at embracing all employees, enabling them to make meaningful contributions toward our promise of Better Packaging. Better Life. Sonoco team members can join and add to Sonoco cultures through various Resource Groups (RGs):
- Black Employees @ Sonoco
- Women @ Sonoco
- Military Professionals
- Sonoco Young Professionals
- Sonoco Cares
- Latinos de Sonoco
Creating a workplace that puts DE&I into practice is critical. When infused with a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture, Sonoco can create innovative packaging that makes a difference in our communities and our planet.