Paperboard for Industrial Packaging
Sustainable and Reliable URB Manufacturer for Industrial Packaging
As a leader in uncoated recycled paperboard (URB), our customers depend on us to deliver consistent, quality paperboard supply to their edge protection and tube and core operations — that's made of 100% recycled fibers.
Paperboard for Tubes and Cores
We supply paperboard to leading manufacturers of tubes and cores, and they rely on our 120+ years of experience in the industry to provide engineered tube and core board made from 100% recycled fibers.
At Sonoco, we understand that you need a dependable manufacturing partner to keep your operations running as efficiently as possible.
Trust us for:
- Performance Consistency and Runnability: We’ve formalized our manufacturing excellence and quality assurance programming to ensure consistent performance and quality.
- Performance Testing: Our onsite lab offers a wide range of testing capabilities to test our materials to your specifications so that you get the answers you need when you need them.
- Maximized Value: Our dedicated team of technical experts will work with you to maximize efficiency and value, offering you the product you need.
- Compatibility: Our adhesives experts work with you to ensure compatibility of our paperboard to your adhesive, equipment and desired line speed
- Flexibility: We offer both standard core board series and customized specifications, giving you the speed of an off-the-shelf solution and the precision of a customized option.
Sonoco produces recycled paperboard for industrial and commercial cores, with applications for:
- Paper cores
- Metal foil
- Commodity containers
Other Coreboard Applications
- Laminating board
- Edge protectors
- Composite board
- Composite cans
- Honeycomb board
- Solid brown compact boxes
Paperboard for Edge Protection
When it comes to the production of edge and corner protection, you need an industrial paperboard partner you can trust for strength, quality and efficiency. At Sonoco, we offer the technical service and quality control to give you a superior product at a competitive price.
Choose Sonoco for:
- Reduced rewinding costs using our in-line slitting ability
- Improved productivity, thanks to consistent quality
- Higher yield due to our density advantage over other substrates
Meeting Global Demand for Paperboard Products
Our geographic footprint and commitment to superior customer service ensure that you’ll get the product you need when you need it. Sonoco operates paper mills in 13 different countries, providing recycled paperboard for industrial packaging to customers around the globe.
- US and Canada
- Latin America
420 Damascus Rd.
Hartsville, SC, 29550
In Latin America, Sonoco operates four mills in three countries, supplying the region with recycled paperboard for tubes and cores, edge protection and other protective packaging.
Sonoco operates six paper mills in Europe, including locations under sub-brands Conitex Sonoco, PaperTech and Skjern. These mills supply the region with paperboard for tubes and cores, composite board, edge protection, paperboard sheets, greyboard, greyliner and blueliner.
Connect with Sonoco
Learn more about our paperboard for industrial packaging offerings. We’re eager to discuss how we can provide a customized solution to help you meet your customers' needs and your business goals.